Hatching eggs is a great way to get new Pokémon. But, how do eggs work?
How to Get Eggs
Eggs can be obtained at PokéStops.
How to Hatch Eggs
- Go to the Main Menu.
- Select Pokémon.
- At the top right of your screen, select Eggs.
- Select an egg.
- Select Start Incubation.
- Select an incubator for your egg.
- Walk to hatch the egg.
What’s a Lucky Egg?
Ah, that’s a different type of egg altogether! Lucky Eggs provide double XP when they are active, and they remain active for 30 minutes. In the game, you’ll find these under Items rather than Eggs. Lucky Eggs do not hatch like other eggs.
Egg Tips & Tricks
- When you hatch an egg, you’ll get XP and extra candy to use when evolving Pokémon.
- The Pokémon Go app must be open and active while you are walking.
- An incubator can only hatch one egg at a time.
- Some incubators have limited uses. Use these for the eggs with longer distances.
- Extra incubators can be purchased in the Shop.
- Eggs have hatching distances of 2km, 5km or 10km. The eggs that take longer to hatch have a higher chance of hatching rarer Pokémon.
- Walking or riding a bike seem to be the best ways to get the distance you need. Once you go above a certain speed (some say 12 mph, some 20 mph), the app stops recording distance.
Wondering what you can hatch from your eggs? Check out this chart!