Pokémon Go is a huge game sensation, and the goal is to “Catch ’em all!” Getting out and moving around is a great way to find and catch Pokémon, but sometimes you’d rather stay in one spot and have them come to you. A Lure Module will help you do just that. Here’s everything you need to know to make the most of these powerful tools.
What’s a Lure Module?
As their name suggests, Lure Modules entice nearby Pokémon to come to that location. Lure Modules can only be used at PokéStops.
How do I get a Lure Module?
Lure Modules are not given out at PokéStops. Here’s how you can get them:
- Level Up – Lure Modules are earned when you attain these levels: 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30
- Purchase Them Using PokéCoins – 1 Lure Module costs 100 PokéCoins, 8 Lure Modules cost 680 PokéCoins.
- Purchase Them with Actual Money – 99 cents will buy you 100 PokéCoins. So, a Lure Module costs right around $1, or you could purchase 8 Lure Modules for under $7.
How to I use a Lure Module?
- Travel to a PokéStop.
- Tap on the PokéStop on your screen. Find the small white oval on top of the PokéStop image and tap it.
- A screen will pop up, asking if you want to use a Lure Module. Tap the button to confirm.
- Return to the main screen, where you will see the PokéStop with pink “snow” dropping around it. This is your indication that the Lure Module is active.
- Stay near the PokéStop to catch the Pokémon that appear. The lure will remain active for 30 minutes.
How to Benefit from Another Trainer’s Lure Module
Lure Modules benefit all trainers in the area, so you don’t have to have your own to get in on the fun! As you are out and about, look on your map for Lure Modules that have the pink “snow” dropping around them. Those have active Lure Modules. Some businesses with PokéStops nearby are using Lure Modules to lure in customers who are playing the game. Taking advantage of the Lure Module does not affect any other trainers using it, so don’t be shy!
Lure Modules vs. Incense
You may be thinking that Lure Modules are the same as Incense. They are similar, but have important differences:
- Lure Modules can only be used at PokéStops; Incense can be used anywhere.
- Lures Modules benefit all trainers at the PokéStops; Incense only benefits the trainer that used it.
- Lure Modules do not have a timer on your screen but simply stop working after 30 minutes; Incense has a timer you can reference.
Lure Module Tips &Tricks
- The PokéStop continues to work while a Lure Module is in effect; remember to collect your items when it turns blue again.
- Get double XP and catch many Pokémon by using a Lure Module, Lucky Egg and Incense at the same time.
- All trainers at the PokéStops will experience the same benefits from the lure module. Having multiple trainers there does not affect the amount of Pokémon you will encounter.
- It would be possible for criminals to use Lure Modules to bring Pokemon Go players to the area to rob them. Always be aware of your surroundings, especially at night.
- Collect PokéCoins from a Gym – If your Pokémon is defending a gym, you can collect Pokecoins once per day, and that can help you purchase more lure modules.
Got any great tips or tricks about Lure Modules? Share them in the comments!