Critics of Pokémon Go point out how players stare at their phones, unaware of their surroundings. Well, that may all change when Pokémon Go Plus players take to the streets in force.
What does Pokémon Go Plus Do?
Pokémon Go Plus looks like a mashup of a Google Maps pin and a Pokéball. It can be worn on your wrist or clipped onto your clothes. What will it do for you? It will alert you to events in the game, such as spawning Pokémon or nearby Pokéstops by vibrating and lighting up. Even better, you can use it to throw a Pokéball to catch a Pokémon!
Will it work with my mobile phone?
The current recommended specs provided on the Pokémon Go Plus page cover iOS and Android devices:
- iOS: Plus is compatible with all iPhone® 5, 6 and 7 devices with iOS Version 8, 9 or 10 installed.
- Android: Plus is compatible with Android devices that have 2 GB RAM or more running Android Version 4.4–6.0. In addition Bluetooth® Smart (Bluetooth Ver. 4.0 or higher) is required to use Pokémon GO Plus.
Pokémon Go Pro Tips:
- It will sell for $34.99.
- You can catch Pokémon with the new device, but only the types you’ve caught previously.
- Using Pokémon Go Plus is a great way to stock up on candies.
- Pokémon Go Plus preorders are currently sold out in most retail stores.