Before Pokémon GO Gameboy players of Pokémon Yellow knew Pikachu well. The little yellow guy quickly gained popularity that has lasted up until today. Fast forward to the past week, and Pikachu is back on game players’ radar. In GO Pikachu is an easter egg; a secret starter Pokémon in the game with special characteristics that players starting with Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle are likely jealous of.
As mentioned above, Pikachu from the Gameboy game Pokémon Yellow gained instant popularity. That popularity ballooned and is now synonymous with Pokémon. Decades later, Pikachu is as popular as ever. That’s enough history for now. Let’s focus on starting the game with Pikachu.
How to Start Pokémon GO with Pikachu
It’s easier than you might think. Here’s how to start playing Pokémon GO with Pikachu:
- Sign up and start Pokémon GO
- When Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle appear around you – do NOT select one of them
- Walk away and continue walking until Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle again gather around you
- Repeat Step 2 three more times (you need to move four times total)
- Now when Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle appear Pikachu will be with them
- Capture Pikachu with a tap!
Why Would You Want to Start with Pikachu?
That’s a good question! Well, some will want to because they simply like Pikachu more than Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. There’s more to it than that though. If you’ve been playing GO, you’ve probably come to the realization that out of all the elementals, electric seem to be the hardest to come by. Why is this important? Electric elementals have a distinct advantage over their water-based alternatives.